if you are facing a situation where your .htaccess file is automatically getting reset to wordpress default htaccess code than there can be few reasons behind that.
- You have installed the security plugin which is preventing it from getting edited.
- your sites is either being hacked or it contains the corrupted nav-menu.php file under wp-includes directory.
- Wrong Permission
How to resolve this issue ?
- disable all the security plugins
- check if you can edt the .htaccess file now.
- if you still fail than replace the nav-menu.php file
- Now check again, 99% chance are that you will be able to edit it.
- for the rest 1% please contact your server Admin or before that try changing its permission through FTP or file manager.
Search Terms: wordpress reset htaccess file , wordpress reset htaccess, wordpress Hacked, wordpress hacked .htaccess file, wordpress site hacked .htaccess, wordpress .htaccess keeps getting hacked, wordpress sites with .htaccess hacked