After WordPress3.7 it introduced the automatic updates feature. However i found it that sometime automatic updates gets messed-up and it won’t allow anybody to login, So in this post i am going to tell you how to fix it and Also i am going to provide a way to disable automatic updates so it won’t happen again.
FIX Can’t Login After WordPress Update
- Do you have any idea, which version you were using before ? if the answer is yes, then its going to be very easy for you. Otherwise you have to update your website to the most stable version i.e. major version like. 4.0 . This may cause some of thing to not work but you can always revert back to older version, by using the same process.
- Download the WordPress Zip from the WordPress Release archives.
- Extract the archive on local system.
- Login to FTP or File-manager of your website.
- Upload the WP-Admin and WP-Includes directory to your server.
- Once Uploaded, visit your website. it will ask for database upgrade. click on upgrade.
- Now you will be able to login.
Disable The Automatic Update Feature
Although it is not recommended but sometimes automatic update can cause a major downtime on your website which is surely, bad for business. So lets see how we can disable the automatic updates.
Disable the WordPress-Core updates
This can be done very easily by setting a parameter in Wp-Config.php
define( 'WP_AUTO_UPDATE_CORE', false );
Note: if you haven’t done this before, you can always hire a professional using websites like upwork.com or hire me by sending a message using contact-us page.
Search terms : Cannot log in after automatic update to 4.0.1 , can’t login after 4.0.0 update , Can’t Login After Automatic 4.0 Upgrade , Cannot login after V3.5.1 Update , can’t login after 4.automatic update , Unable to login after update to 3.9.2 , Cant login after auto update , Unable to login after 4.2.3 update